I admit, I post a lot of silly nonsense (that hopefully brings a laugh) on my BLOG. At the same time, I love it when I happen upon an article that really makes me think and re-evaluate all the things I deem important.
This is what she said:
Much like other teenagers, Alice Pyne, 15, likes pop music and junk food, and takes to the web to talk about life. Unlike most, however, Alice is dying.
She has been fighting cancer for four years, and is nearing the end of her battle. She recently began a blog, Alice’s Bucket List, that outlines what she’d like to do in her remaining time, and she’s captured the world’s attention and inspired countless others along the way with her optimistic outlook and unassuming wishes. Among the items on her bucket list:
- To make everyone sign up to be a bone marrow donor
- To swim with sharks
- To go to Kenya (I can’t travel there now but I wanted to)
- To enter Mabel in a regional Labrador show
- To have a photoshoot with Milly, Clarissa, Sammie and Megs
- To have a private cinema party for me and my BFFs
- To design an Emma Bridgewater Mug to sell for charity
- To stay in a caravan
- To have a purple Apple ipad but I’m not really allowed to put that on here and mum is trying to borrow one
- To be a dolphin trainer (I can’t do this one either now)
- To meet Take That
- To go to Cadbury World and eat loads of chocolate
- To have a nice picture taken with Mabel
- To stay in the chocolate room at Alton Towers
- To have my hair done if they can do anything with it
- To have a back massage
- To go whale watching
I am so excited and really can’t wait, I just hope that I don’t get ill or something daft. I’ve lived in PJs for about a year so mum is going to town to buy some things to bring back for me to try. She’ll bring loads but I’ll no doubt end up wearing leggings and a shirt
Anyway, mum always tells me that life is what we make of it and so I’m going to make the best of what I have and because there were so many things I still wanted to do, mum suggested that I turn my ideas into a bucket list.