(MOMof 7 personal note—-these are great but I personally know ‘I am such a mom’ when I’m out shopping and the sound of a young child throwing a tantrum totally stresses me out because the parents are doing nothing)
Posted by Jill Smokler
on January 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM
A few months ago, I was in the grocery store roaming the bread isle. Wheat, white, pita, English muffins … Boring, boring, boring. And, then I spotted it: Goldfish Sandwich Bread. There, right in between the milk and the exotic food aisle, I squealed. Bread, in the shape of a giant Goldfish cracker?! My kids would bepsyched!! This was the best trip to Safeway EVER!!! Wooo-hooo!
And, then it hit me: I am such a mother.
I asked my friends for their “motherhood moments” and the answers made me laugh — I can relate to every single one … What about you?
25. Your new accessories consist of boogers, spit up and pieces of food on your outfit. — Monica
24. Your kid starts to throw up and you hold out your hands to catch it because you’re no where near the toilet. Then you hold the crying child, getting barf in your hair and that’s the least of your concerns. — Amy
23. When going grocery shopping alone is considered “Me time” – Lizette
22. You quietly wipe a butt (and remember to not flush!) while on a business call. — Laura
21. Your six year old daughter has more shoes and a cuter wardrobe than you. — Patti
20. You pick someone else’s boogers and it’s no big deal. — Melissa
19. You actually like driving a mini van. — Jody
18. When you know 1 million things to clean with BABY WIPES! — Diana
17. When you feel the need to stick a bottle in the mouth of anyone upset. — Michelle
16. You carry human teeth in your purse. — Penny
15. You just forced them into bed and you’ve had enough then an hour later you’re bawling your eyes out at their baby pics. — Nermeen
14. You hold your poop till 11 p.m. so that you can go without an audience… — Evin
13. ”What kind of poop was it?” counts as stimulating conversation. — JoAnna
12. When you jam out to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song while driving and realize you just dropped off the little one at daycare. — LeKisha
11. When you have extra underwear and leggings and emergency fruit snacks stashed in your purse and glove compartment at all times! — Kathryn
(AND FOR THE TOP 10….CLICK HERE)